From July 16th till July 24th, a Walking Egg delegation led by Willem Ombelet visited China.
The delegation was composed of 8 people: Willem Ombelet, Hilde Vanderwegen, Annie Vereecken, Eva Dierickx, Mia Jansen and Jan Goossens.
Our Belgo-Chinese partners, Bing Li and his wife Lynn Zhu had prepared the whole trip: transport and lodging were taken care of in an excellent way.
Many meetings with governmental delegations, foundations and hospitals were organised spread over 5 provinces.
This is a shortlist of the different meetings:
- National Health and Family Planning Commission of China
- Overseas Chinese Charity Foundation of China
- Beijing Changfeng Hospital
- Shanxi Provincial People’s Hospital
- Science Technology Department of Zhejiang Province
- Health and Family Planning Commission of Zhenjiang Province
- Women’s Hospital School of Medicine Zhejiang University
- Jiaxing Hospital for Women and Children
- Sichuan Provincial Hospital for Women and Children
- Health and Family Planning Commission of Shandong Province
- Rongcheng Hospital for Women and Children
The TWE-delegation was everywhere warmly welcomed: during the meetings, the need for an affordable and reliable IVF-method was expressed and there was clearly willingness to start discussions for a future cooperation.
Mr. Bing Li and Mrs. Lynn Zhu are working on the further contacts and the harmonization of the local legislation and the expressed need.
Despite the intensive program, a slight impression of the Chinese culture and kitchen could be tasted.